Niagara Community Foundation: 2018 Annual Report
“Helping good people build smart and caring communities”
The Foundation has been a partner with Niagara Connects since inception. We are happy to share that 2018 was a transformational year for the Foundation. Here are some of the highlights of the Foundation’s impact in the Niagara Region:
- Welcomed Canada’s Ambassador to the United States, the Honourable David MacNaughton, back to Niagara as a keynote speaker for the Foundation’s Annual Leaders Breakfast.
- Made the inaugural disbursements from the David S. Howes Fund created in 2017. Having received 35 applications valued at $2.6 million dollars in asks, 13 projects representing $370,000 were awarded funding.
- In total, awarded just under $2 million in grants bringing the total amount granted since 2001 to $12.9 million.
- Approved over 16 new endowment funds bringing the Foundation’s total assets from $50.6 million to $55.9 million, representing a 9.6% increase.
- Continued efforts with 13 charities on bolstering their Planned Giving programs through with the Legacy Partners Program (LPP).
- Continuing work with our partners in the Governance Partner Program (GPP) and cultivation of other potential participants.
- Organized and executed a two-day Niagara Funders Alliance Round Table Information Session at Fallsview Casino Resort for 15 local funders and over 300 attendees.
- Confirmed annual compliance with the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
- Completed work and procured Board approval for the Foundation’s 2019-2023 Strategic Plan.
Published By: Niagara Community Foundation
Publication Date: April, 2019