A community hub can be a school, a neighbourhood centre or another public space that offers co-located or integrated services such as education, health care and social services. Each hub is as unique as the community it serves.
The Advisory Group’s action plan lays out eight overarching recommendations, which the province has accepted and will begin to implement, including:
- Creating a provincial lead for community hubs
- Fostering integrated service delivery
- Developing a provincial strategy for public properties
- Removing barriers and creating incentives
- Supporting integrated and long-term local planning
- Ensuring financial sustainability
- Increasing local capacity
- Evaluating and monitoring outcomes.
Published By: Government of Ontario
Publication Date: 2015