This document provides a call to action: to address COVID-19 impacts on older adults across Niagara and related challenges in our community by continually sharing and implementing leading practices and innovative ideas.
In 2020, Age-Friendly Niagara gathered leaders across Niagara to describe COVID-19 impacts on Niagara’s older adults. The leaders were individuals representing local municipal older adult advisory committees across Niagara; community organizations speaking for diverse residents; educators; government; non-profits and businesses.
The call to action focuses on 3 theme areas:
- Staying Well
- Mental Health, Physical Fitness
- Social Isolation and Loneliness
- Staying Safe
- Food Security
- Long Term Care and Retirement Homes
- Staying Connected
- Local Municipal Seniors/Age-Friendly/Wellness Advisory Committees in Niagara
- Improved Virtual Connections
- Transportation/safe Access to Services, Programs
Publication Date: October, 2020
Published By: Age-Friendly Niagara
Click here to view: Addressing COVID-19 Impacts on Niagara’s Older Adults