It’s easy to say that almost everyone has at least heard about United Way, but not everyone knows exactly what United Way does. At the most basic level, United Way South Niagara strives to help local people. They pool resources to mobilize the community to create change. This is done in many ways:
1. United Way raises funds in the community to invest back in local programs and services that help the community. This past year, the United Way South Niagara invested in the funding of nearly 30 local programs and services;
2. United Way South Niagara acts as an umbrella for the community by leveraging partnerships with local businesses and leaders to maximize the collective ability to achieve common goals;
3. United Way South Niagara strives to make the task of program delivery easier for non-profits so that they don’t have to worry about fundraising, ultimately lowering their organization’s administrative and fundraising costs.
United Way consults with the people in the community to determine pressing issues.Today, the United Way South Niagara invests in those identified priorities:
- Healthy People, Strong Communities;
- All That Kids & Families Can Be;
- From Poverty to Possibility.
United Way South Niagara works with the community to advocate for change, and makes a positive difference in the communities in Pelham, Port Colborne, Wainfleet and Welland. The work of the United Way South Niagara is also highlighted in the Sustainable Niagara Action Database.
United Way South Niagara
Phone: (905) 735-0490