Who We Are
The Niagara Food Security Network is a collective of residents, community groups, networks, non-profit agencies, charitable organizations, faith groups, individuals with lived experience, government, business and agricultural sector representatives, and others working to address food security in the Niagara region. We are collaborating to strengthen the food security system, especially for vulnerable and at-risk individuals in Niagara.
The Niagara Food Security Network aims to strengthen food security systems and ensure all residents in Niagara are food secure. We will achieve this by strategically working on the key recommendations and priorities identified from the Niagara Food Forum. These activities will focus on improving our community assets, systems and navigation, food hubs, use, rescue and logistics, public education, lived experience and diverse sector and stakeholder engagement.
The Niagara Food Security Network members are committed to strengthening the food systems, access and security for all in Niagara through the leveraging of our collective expertise and leadership. We are actively working on priorities identified through community consultations and dialogue at the following Priority Working Tables:
- Assets & Evidence
- Public Education and Lived/Living Experience Engagement
- Food Hubs, Use, Rescue and Logistics
- Farmers Partnerships
- Social Enterprise
Get Connected & Involved
We invite you to become a member of the Niagara Food Security Network or one of our Priority Working Tables. Consider lending your expertise, time, talent or treasure. We all play a role in addressing food security in Niagara.
- Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NiagaraFSN/
- Sign Up For Our Network Newsletter: https://www.unitedwayniagara.org/special-initiatives/niagara-food-security-network/(at the bottom of the page)
- Learn about the Food Resources in Niagara and view the Niagara Food Assets Map: https://www.incommunities.ca/en/food-resources-in-niagara/
Director of Community Impact, United Way Niagara
Network Facilitator, Niagara Food Security Network