GBF Community Services is offering a weekly series of Wellness Promotion Workshops, from 6 to 8 pm on Wednesday evenings, May 10, 17, 24 and 31, 2023. Workshops will be held at the Wellness HUB, 19 Elm Street, Grimsby.
The objectives for the four workshops are:
- To increase awareness about wellness promotion and help people answer the question, ‘What’s wellness promotion all about?’
- To provide the knowledge and tools needed to help people navigate their own personal wellness journey and answer the question, ‘How do I do it?’
Dr. Irene Podolak is the workshop facilitator. A total of 25 participants will be involved in:
- Workshop 1: Learning about the GBF Wellness Promotion Framework and what to expect during the four workshops.
- Workshop 2: Completing a confidential Wellness Self-Assessment Tool and determining which wellness priorities are right for you.
- Workshop 3: Learning how to set 1 to 2 Long Term Goals (the destination you want to reach) and Short Term Objectives, (how you can reach your goals).
- Workshop 4: Starting a Wellness Journal and learning how to stay on track toward your destination.
At the conclusion of workshop 4, participants will be asked to provide feedback on the wellness promotion approach and tools GBF has designed (this is optional). With participants’ input, GBF will be able to improve the Navigating Your Wellness Journey Toolkit for future implementations and help everyone to be well.
To register for the event call Lindsay at (905) 309-4962, or click here to access the GBF Community Services events page and calendar of program offerings.