This year, Distress Centre Niagara and CMHA Niagara held their first successful shared AGM on June 26, 2014. Held at Amici’s in Thorold, approximately 80 people attended this event. The advantages were evident to both agencies:
- shared planning and communication between Boards
- higher exposure to our work in the community
- shared costs
- greater efficiencies
- messaging to the public that we have a common agenda
We truly felt that this was a step in the right direction, fulfilling our commitment to the Niagara Mental Health and Addictions Charter.
We are looking for additional partners for our next joint AGM. The basic format is as follows:
- Key note speaker or speakers ( last year the ED of Distress Centre introduced the Access Line)
- Individual agencies break out into separate areas for the business part of their AGM
If you would like to join Distress Centre and CMHA in planning a shared AGM, please contact George Kurzawa, 905 688-2543 Ext 626, or Stacy Terry at 905-682-8122 Ext. 222, by November 28, 2014.
Join us and help put our Charter to action!
Canadian Mental Health Association, Niagara Branch