The Data and Knowledge Niagara Reference Group is describing qualities of data for Niagara, by:
- identifying people and organizations working in data in Niagara and beyond;
- building an inventory of who is gathering data in Niagara, and how they are using and sharing data; and
- describing the relationship between data, information, and knowledge.
Establishing a common working definition is an important step toward describing qualities of data for Niagara.
Data can be defined as:
- “facts and figures, that, when interpreted, become information meaningful to the user”;
- “a series of observations, measurements, or facts that can be analyzed and interpreted to create information to support focused planning and decision-making”.
Which of these definitions resonates with you? Click here to complete a 3-question poll to answer that question. By doing so, you will help to strengthen the work of the Data and Knowledge Niagara Reference Group.
Executive Director, Niagara Connects