This is an event recording of the June 11, 2020 webinar with presenters Shannon McHugh, Keegan Kaior, Stephanie Hicks and Joanne Bovine. This event was hosted by Niagara Connects in partnership with the Niagara Suicide Prevention Coalition (NSPC). Fifty-six (56) participants joined this event from thirty-six (36) different organizations.
Webinar presenters provided an update about the impact of suicide in Niagara with a new white-board animation video; and they launched an updated Tip Card resource. Both the video and Tip Card are available in English and French. They are designed to support suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention in our community. A social media kit is also available; it provides wording for social media posts; images; and suggestions to help agencies share the NSPC video through their online channels.
During this webinar, the presenters covered:
• Background information about the NSPC
• Statistics about suicide in Canada, Ontario, and Niagara
• COVID-19 in relation to loneliness, social isolation, where someone in crisis can access help
• NSPC impact, outreach, collaboration
• New NSPC resources – video, Tip Card, Social Media toolkit
Hosted By: Niagara Connects
Publication Date: Monday, June 15, 2020