This report summarizes findings of the evaluation phase of the Niagara Prosperity Initiative (NPI) action research process, which spanned the 15-year period from 2006 to 2021. The intent and objective of the evaluation phase was to measure what was intended to happen when the NPI program launched, and to present recommendations.
The report emphasizes its focus is on describing and assessing the cumulative impact of grant funding for poverty alleviation; and on providing suggestions or recommendations to better prepare the Regional Municipality of Niagara to create a long-term poverty reduction strategy.
- Develop a comprehensive Niagara Region poverty reduction strategy
- Increase investment in poverty reduction
- Make deliberate investments and provide longer funding terms
- Guide investments with enhanced research
- Design all services for social inclusion aligned with poverty reduction priorities
Published By: Report prepared for Niagara Region by: Mary-Beth Raddon, Dennis Soron, and Susan Petrina, Brock University.
Publication Date: May, 2021
Additional information is available at: https://brocku.ca/npi-evaluation/