This brief summary report provides an overview of a mid-2020 investigation of the theme of Advancing Hamilton-Niagara Supply Chains, as well as access to detailed materials gathered through the process. The topic was examined through a series of 5 virtual forums hosted by the McMaster Institute for Transportation and Logistics.
Forums centred around:
- Supply Chain Oriented Insights from Recent Hamilton-Niagara Initiatives
- Increasing the Competitiveness of Regional Supply Chains
- Leveraging and Integrating Data for the Marine Sector
- Infrastructure Improvements and the Supply Chain
- Roundtable Discussion
Issues surrounding data were simultaneously perceived as the biggest opportunity and challenge for Hamilton-Niagara.
- Improving data collection and transparency via data was seen as the biggest opportunity; while identifying the ideal neutral third party to host data was seen as the biggest challenge.
- Challenges of managing diverse and even competing stakeholders is viewed as much more difficult than technology/data issues.
- Accessing data for the greater good requires a lot of collaboration and stakeholder engagement.
- Data is a powerful means to generate solutions to make the case for change/improvements in an evidence-based manner.
Published By: McMaster Institute for Transportation & Logistics. Summary Prepared for Transport Canada
Publication Date: September, 2020
To View the report click here: Advancing Supply Chain Logistics in Hamilton-Niagara