Partners for Mental Health is a national charity, accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program, whose mandate is to change the way Canadians think about, act towards and support mental health and those living with mental illness. Through partnerships, public engagement and strategic initiatives, Partners for Mental Health mobilizes and engages Canadians to drive fundamental changes that result in:
- increased awareness and attention toward one’s own mental health
- greater understanding, acceptance and support for people living with a mental health problem or illness
- increased access to mental health services, treatment and support
- better workplace policies
- more funding for programs and services
Partners for Mental Health’s efforts and national campaigns are focused in two areas: building mentally healthy workplaces through its Not Myself Today initiative (www.notmyselftoday.ca) and improving mental health and suicide prevention among youth through its Right By You campaign (www.rightbyyou.ca).
Director of Stakeholder Relations and Volunteer Services, Partners for Mental Health