This is the second webinar in the INTERVENTIONS IN PRACTICE webinar series, highlighting evidence-informed interventions implemented as part of the Systems Improvement through Service Collaboratives (SISC) initiative.
In this webinar, participants:
- learned how the Niagara community developed a shared vision to create a coordinated community response for youth with mental health and addiction issues in the court system;
- learned how the Justice Service Collaborative supported the development a youth court, and implemented a screening team to screen first appearance youth for mental health and addictions issues at court and facilitate linkages with appropriate services;
- discovered how the intervention is supporting early identification of youth with mental health and addiction issues; facilitating transitions between systems; streamlining court processes; and helped youth and families access appropriate services.
- Agencies and partners supporting justice-involved youth, particularly youth with mental health and addiction challenges;
- Mental health and addictions agencies;
- Stakeholders and partners with an interest in the Systems Improvement through Service Collaborative initiative.
Marla Banning, Regional Implementation Coordinator, Provincial System Support Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Mike Taylor, Co-chair of the Niagara Youth Justice Service Collaborative, Executive Director of Youth Resources Niagara
Published By: CAMH
Publication Date: August 2017