A ‘Niagara Prosperity Initiative Review’ report is included on pages 5 to 10 of the March 9, 2021 Niagara Region Public Health & Social Services Committee meeting agenda document. The ‘Connecting the Pieces: An Evaluation of the Niagara Prosperity Initiative and Call for a Broader Poverty Reduction Strategy for Niagara’ report summarizes progress on the three-year research project to review the impact of the Niagara Prosperity Initiative (NPI) program (2018 to 2020).
A full NPI Evaluation Report will be presented to Niagara Region Council in September, 2021. The research is supported by $476,763 of funding from the Ontario Local Poverty Reduction Fund, which was received by Niagara Region Social Assistance and Employment Opportunities.
The report includes five key recommendations, in the following areas:
- Develop a comprehensive Niagara Region poverty reduction strategy
- Increase investment in poverty reduction
- Make deliberate investments and provide longer funding terms
- Guide investments with enhanced research
- Design all services for social inclusion aligned with poverty reduction priorities
Published By: Niagara Region Council, Public Health and Social Services Committee Agenda Package, March 9, 2021, pages 5 to 10.
Publication Date: March 9, 2021
Click here to view: Niagara Prosperity Initiative Evaluation Research (2018 – 2020)