Niagara Region launched its 10-year Housing and Homelessness Action Plan in 2014. The plan was updated in 2019 after reviewing activities and accomplishments from 2014 to 2018.
The updated Housing and Homelessness Action Plan (HHAP) provides a strategy for addressing the issues of affordable housing and homelessness in Niagara from 2019 to 2023. It coordinates efforts to increase access to affordable housing, reduce homelessness, and end chronic homelessness in Niagara.
Vision and goals
The vision of the Housing and Homelessness Action Plan is that everyone in Niagara has a home.
- Goal 1: House people who do not have a home
- Goal 2: Help people to retain a home
- Goal 3: Increase housing options and opportunities for low- and medium-income households
- Goal 4: Build capacity and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the housing and homelessness system
HHAP Working Groups include:
- Assertive Street Outreach
- Housing-Focused Shelter
- Supported Transitional Housing
- Housing First and Home for Good
- Coordinated Access and By-Name List
- Lived Experience and Peer Support
- Homelessness Prevention and Diversion
- Housing Provider Advisory Committee
- Housing Affordability and Innovation
Staff from Niagara Region Community Services, Niagara Regional Housing and Planning and Development Services provide support for the working groups.
Click here to access information or to contact HHAP: Niagara Region Housing and Homelessness Services
View Niagara Region Housing and Homelessness Newsletters:
- July, 2021 edition: Niagara Region Homelessness Services Community Newsletter
- October, 2021 edition: Niagara Region Homelessness Services Community Newsletter