SafeTALK is a 3 hour alertness workshop that prepares anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with overwhelming pain in their lives. Through their words and actions they either directly or indirectly invite help to stay alive. SafeTALK trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources.
Since its development in 2006, safeTALK has been used in over 20 countries around the world. SafeTALK trained helpers are an important part of the suicide-safer communities, working alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks.
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development