Add to Calendar
June 8, 2017 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Niagara North Federation of Agriculture would like to invite you to attend a day of farm tours, education, and great local food.
The day will include tours that will help you learn about the agriculture industry. You will spend the day with agriculture producers who will answer your questions, making this a very important personal development day!
- 9am – pickup at Regional Headquarters (Campbell West)
- 10am – Tigchelaar Berry Farm, Jordan – Dan and Jeff learned about work ethic and farming from a young age, learning to work together and living the farm life. A special interest was taken for strawberries. These interests prompted the Tigchelaars to purchase their first farm in Vineland in 1994. Over the last 20 years the Tigchelaars have expanded their strawberry tradition in the Niagara region. http://tigchelaarberries.com/
- 11am – Vineland Research and Innovation – Vineland’s portfolio of research programs includes 10 different research initiatives that create impactful results for the Canadian horticulture industry. http://vinelandresearch.com/
- Noon – Lunch – Rittenhouse Hall
- 1:30pm – Linc Farms, Niagara-on-the-Lake – Martin and Juliette have a passion for farming. They raise a unique breed of sheep and have a farrow to finish hog operation. https://www.lincfarm.com/
- 2:30pm – Grimo Nut Nursery – family owned and operated nut nursery. They are well known for their research and promotion of the nut industry. http://www.grimonut.com/index.php?p=Home
- 4:00pm – back to Regional Headquarters
For more information and to register, contact Cathy Mous (contact information above).
This tour is hosted by Niagara North Federation of Agriculture.