An interactive training workshop from The Psychology Foundation of Canada for professionals who work with families and children in early learning and care environments.
Did you know?:
• stress can affect children’s physical, emotional, social and intellectual well-being
• children experience everyday stress in a different way than adults
• extreme stress can a negative effect on brain development in very young children.
Kids Have Stress Too! (KHST!®) program is based on evidence that with help, young children can learn practical strategies to relieve stress, and effective ways to respond to stressful situations. By learning to cope with life’s ups and downs, children develop healthy strategies that help them to adapt, self-regulate, be resourceful, feel competent and become more resilient.
By participating in an interactive KHST!® workshop, participants will:
• learn how to recognize stress in children
• identify the key role relationships with parents and caregivers play in helping children learn to manage stress
• practice age-appropriate stress-management techniques that help teach children to relax and become more resilient
• learn effective ways to promote positive emotional development and self-regulation in young children.
As well as the workshop, participants also receive:
• a 100 page, full-colour manual, containing background research, implementation tips and strategies
• access to follow-up support and training tools
• a workshop certificate
• attractive, practical, evidence-based material to share with parents
*Participants will receive the two guides electronically as well as a certificate of participation.
This event will be hosted by the Early Childhood Community and Development Centre