Thanks to funding from the Niagara Prosperity Initiative, the Niagara West Adult Learning Centre will be launching a new pre-employment training program. The first of three programs will be starting in Beamsville on October 24th.
Details about the Pre-Employment Program:
- 5 weeks long running Monday through Thursday from 9:30 until 2:30 with a 30 minute lunch each day
- First two weeks are focused on “You” including goal setting, financial literacy, first impressions, building self confidence, overcoming obstacles and getting to know your community
- In partnership with the Niagara Women’s Enterprise Centre, Week 3 will be Customer Service and Cash Register Training including the Niagara Tourism Ambassador course
- In partnership with the Niagara Women’s Enterprise Centre, Week 4 will be Wine Country Training, a certificate program from the Wine Council of Ontario
- In partnership with the Employment Help Centre, Week 5 will focus on employment including job searching, resumes and interviews
This program is open to anyone interested in improving their skills and who might need some assistance to get back into the workforce. There are 10 seats available for this program in Beamsville. The program will be offered in Grimsby in February and Smithville in April.
There is no cost to attend this program.
All are welcome to drop in on this information session.
This information session is hosted by the Niagara West Adult Learning Centre.