414 River Rd
Welland, ON L3B 5N6
Sparks of innovation occur when people come together to discuss data, information and knowledge through a variety of lenses. Please join us to learn how we can work together to strengthen Niagara’s capacity for planning and decision-making in an increasingly data-driven world.
This event will be of interest to you no matter your level of experience in gathering, sharing and understanding evidence. You will learn about the usefulness of Niagara-focused evidence tools to strengthen your work, and how those tools fit into the broader picture of open sharing of data, information and knowledge.
A panel discussion will highlight ways to:
- strengthen a strategic plan;
- measure effectiveness and impact;
- affect policy change;
- write funding applications and accountability reports; and
- connect with potential partners to design innovative approaches in today’s competitive, collaborative world.
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
- 8:15 a.m. – Welcome and Niagara Connects update
- 8:35 a.m. – Open Government and Open Data in Ontario: Ontario Treasury Board Secretariat Update
- 9:05 a.m. – Niagara-focused Data, Information and Knowledge tools at your fingertips – panel presentation about: 2017 Data, Information and Knowledge in Niagara Inventory, Niagara Open Data portal, ‘Village of 100’ Niagara Profile, Niagara Community Data Consortium, Niagara Community Observatory (NCO) at Brock University, and INCommunities: Niagara Community Information Database & 211
- 10:00 a.m. – Break
- 10:10 a.m. – Roundtable Discussion: Advancing practical action steps for sharing data within and across the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors – ways to translate data, statistics, information and knowledge gathered for the Living in Niagara-2017 report into actionable, useful information
- 11:30 a.m. – Adjourn
This event is hosted by Niagara Connects, presented in partnership with the Niagara Community Foundation and the Ontario Trillium Foundation.