Join the ECCDC in a hands-on design workshop, where you can learn about and plan for including young children in food garden design and growing food.
This session will focus on:
- Clarify your goals and vision
- Explore how to engage children and adults in a long-term sustainable garden program
- Start designing or enhancing garden play / work stations and elements or activity plans
- Talk through social, resource and site challenges
- Discuss designing for ease of use by staff, child safety, aesthetics, high play value, garden productivity, ecosystem health, variety and diversity, and other goals
- Discuss costs and recommended supplies
This session is hosted by the Early Childhood Community Development Centre.