The Ontario Seniors’ Secretariat has partnered with the University of Waterloo, the Ontario Interdisciplinary Council for Aging and Health (OICAH) and the Seniors Health Knowledge Network (SHKN) to administer a two-year Age-Friendly Community (AFC) Planning Outreach Initiative.
This initiative is designed to help communities, including AFC Planning Grant recipients:
- Increase awareness of age-friendly planning principles
- Share best practices
- Start, continue, evaluate and improve on their AFC action plans.
Over the next two years, the Initiative will help develop partnerships across Ontario that support community-based age-friendly projects; develop and distribute AFC educational resources; and, create a provincial AFC knowledge exchange network.
Many communities are now implementing their age-friendly plan, but are unsure about how to monitor and communicate progress across a broad range of strategies.
During this webinar, presenters will:
- Discuss the role of monitoring during implementation of age-friendly plans
- Share their newly-developed age-friendly community monitoring tool, the “Dashboard”
- Demonstrate how the Dashboard can be used to communicate progress
This webinar is hosted by the Age-Friendly Community Planning Outreach Initiative.