The Ontario Seniors’ Secretariat has partnered with the University of Waterloo, the Ontario Interdisciplinary Council for Aging and Health (OICAH) and the Seniors Health Knowledge Network (SHKN) to administer a two-year Age-Friendly Community (AFC) Planning Outreach Initiative.
This initiative is designed to help communities, including AFC Planning Grant recipients:
- Increase awareness of age-friendly planning principles
- Share best practices
- Start, continue, evaluate and improve on their AFC action plans.
The AFC Outreach Initiative builds on and complements the AFC Planning Guide and the AFC Planning Grant Program.
Over the next two years, the Initiative will help develop partnerships across Ontario that support community-based age-friendly projects; develop and distribute AFC educational resources; and, create a provincial AFC knowledge exchange network.
Many communities are now implementing their age-friendly plan, but are unsure about how to monitor and communicate progress across a broad range of strategies.
During this webinar, presenters will:
- Discuss the role of monitoring during implementation of age-friendly plans
- Share their newly-developed age-friendly community monitoring tool, the “Dashboard”
- Demonstrate how the Dashboard can be used to communicate progress
This webinar is hosted by the Age-Friendly Community Planning Outreach Initiative.