1 Summers Ln
Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y2
Ending poverty is everyone’s business. You are invited to join the 3rd annual poverty reduction summit, hosted by Vibrant Communities Canada and the City of Hamilton. In 2017 the conversation will be expanded to examine the role of business and multi-sectoral approaches to poverty reduction from across Canada.
The Cities* Reducing Poverty: When Business Is Engaged summit will bring major business leaders together with community organizers, mayors and municipal staff, federal and provincial/territorial governments, Indigenous leaders, as well as funders, policy makers, and persons with lived experience with a focus on ending poverty.
Join others across Canada in the work to:
- Consider key roles that businesses play in poverty reduction collaboratives, from contributory to core leadership;
- Learn how mayors and municipalities have been progressing with poverty reduction efforts since the 2016 Cities Reducing Poverty summit;
- Discover innovations in poverty reduction work;
- Identify evaluation strategies that help us learn and create accountability in this work; and
- Explore some of the most promising practices across the country.
*Vibrant Communities Canada uses the word cities mainly to differentiate local poverty reduction efforts from provincial and federal initiatives and strategies. Please note that the event will feature communities of all sizes and will have intentionally invited smaller and rural municipalities to attend in addition to big cities.
This event is hosted by Vibrant Communities Canada & The City of Hamilton.