The Healthy Communities Initiative is a $31 million investment from the Government of Canada to transform public spaces in response to COVID-19.
The Healthy Communities Initiative will provide funding to a broad range of organizations, including local governments, charities, Indigenous communities and nonprofits, for projects, programming and services that help communities :
- create safe and vibrant public spaces,
- improve mobility options and
- provide innovative digital solutions to connect people and improve health.
Organizations can apply to the Healthy Communities Initiative starting February 9, 2021, through March 9, 2021, at 5:00 PM PST.
If you’re interested in applying to the Healthy Communities Initiative we invite you to:
- Read the Applicant Guide to learn more about the Initiative and the application process;
- Visit the resource library to explore helpful tools including the Equity Guidance and a screencast of the application process;
- Sign up for community mobilization sessions to learn more about the themes of the Healthy Communities Initiative and best practices around project planning and applying for funding.
A second application round for the Healthy Communities Initiative will take place starting in May 2021.
This opportunity is brought to you by Community Foundations of Canada