If you or someone you know is a student interested in entrepreneurship and running their own business this summer, the Ontario Summer Company program is the perfect opportunity.
Learning how to run your own student business is one of the best summer jobs you can have. You get to be your own boss while learning what it takes to manage a business. Sales, marketing, bookkeeping, customer relationship management, and networking are just a few of the highly useful skills you’ll develop.
What is Summer Company?
Summer Company is a program of the government of Ontario that helps young people between 15 and 29 years old start and run their own summer business by providing funding, advice and services. Students must be currently in school and returning to school in the fall.
How do students benefit from Summer Company?
Students accepted into the program recieve:
- A start-up grant of up to $3000 to kick off your business
- Learning new knowledge and skills on how to be a successful entrepreneur
- Advice and mentorship from local business leaders
Who is eligible?
You could be eligible if you:
- Are in high school, college or university
- Are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who lives in Ontario
- Are between 15-29 years old
- Are not already running a business
- Are not already working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program
- Are returning to school when the program ends
How do I apply?
The deadline for applications is May 23, 2021. To apply and learn more about how Summer Company works, visit www.ontario.ca/summercompany
Brought to you by the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade