Add to Calendar
September 12, 2017 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Family Mental Health Support Network of Niagara
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Understanding the symptoms of mental illness
- Developing a healthcare plan
- Useful community resources
- Setting limits
- Problem solving as a family unit
- Improving two-way communications
- Effective ways to advocate for your relative
- Non-violent crisis intervention training
- Psychiatric medications
- Self-care for the caregiver
Guest speakers supplement the facilitators. Facilitators are mental health professionals as well as family members.
Location is provided upon registration.
These sessions are hosted by the Family Mental Health Support Network of Niagara.