70 Westchester Ave
St. Catharines, ON L2R
2017 Trauma and Attachment Conference: Healing Complex Trauma and Attachment Dysregulation in Children, Youth, and Adults
Featuring keynote speaker Dr. Martin Teicher, world renowned neuroscientist, Director of the Developmental Biopsychiatry Research Program at McLean Hospital and an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard.
Registration will take place at 8:30am, opening remarks will begin at 9:00am, and keynote speakers will be presenting from 9:05am-4:30pm.
Day 1 & 2: Foundational Stream:
- Day 1 – Understanding the Foundations of Trauma and Attachment
- Day 2: Phase-Based Clinical Applications to Promote Healing and Integration of Trauma and Attachment Dysregulation with presenter Lori Gill
Day 1 & 2: Advanced Stream (ideal for those who have completed the above foundational training):
- Day 1 – Healing Energy: Easing the Effects of Trauma with Energy Therapy with presenter Carol Cowan
- Day 2 (morning) – The Therapeutic Application of Adventure: Restoring a Sense of Connection and Personal Agency After Trauma with presenter Sarah Connelly
- Day 2 (afternoon) – Making “Bad” Decisions? Hot and Cold Decision-Making and its Relevance to Psychotherapy and Understanding Bad Behaviour with presenter Sean Robb
Day 3: Childhood Abuse, Brain Development, Psychopathology, and Addictions with presenter Dr. Martin Teicher
Day 4: Treating the Child Survivor with presenter Dr. Joyanna Silberg
Day 5: Expressive Arts Therapies to Promote Healing Following Trauma with presenter Cher Curshen
This conference is hosted by the Attachment and Trauma Treatment Centre for Healing (ATTCH).