The NKE was built by the Niagara-wide community as a reliable tool to fast-track searches for relevant, reliable Niagara-focused knowledge, for planning, connecting with partners, and sparking new ideas. The recent NKE Community Orientation Webinar highlighted many ideas for ways you can both upload and download useful information from this amazing tool. Click here to access the recording of this event.
Here are a few tips for getting the most from the NKE:
1. Prioritize regular NKE visits in your work plan and calendar. The NKE is updated daily. Keep on top of what’s new and happening by visiting often.
2. Reach out to our Knowledge Brokers. Connecting people to people and people to resources is the role of the Knowledge Broker (KB). Whether you are seeking information, would like to share a resource, or simply want to start on your NKE journey, e-mail email@example.com for assistance.
3. Share and link to event dates. The Niagara Community Calendar on the NKE platform is a tool to assist with research, best practice learning, evidence-informed planning and knowledge exchange. Share information about events you are hosting, such as:
- Learning events that enable evidence-informed collaboration, decision making and planning
- Events that are Niagara-wide in scope and thus organizations may wish to plan their own activities accordingly
- Workshops/conferences, speakers’ series that are intended to increase professional capacity
Leverage the Calendar to:
- Know what is going on Niagara-wide
- See the rhythm of activity in your community
- Identify and register for events of interest
- Plan your own organization and/or network’s activities around previously scheduled events.
4. Post your organization’s annual report, network report card, project summary or success story! Engaging others in your work will help you to achieve great outcomes. Sharing via the NKE spotlights what you are doing, and informs others’ planning.
5. Suggest a learning topic. Our Knowledge Brokers are always looking for ideas for webinars and in-person learning events of interest to the Niagara-wide community. If you have a great idea, and would like to connect with the Niagara Connects network of people, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Understand current context in Niagara. The Resources & Publications area of the NKE catalogues resources and publications that will support, guide and inform collaboration and decision-making in Niagara. The Resources and Publications catalogue will help you to:
- Understand the current trends, issues and data related to each of the 12 Living in Niagara Sectors;
- Use this information to build business cases for future projects and work;
- Identify collaborative topics that cross multiple sectors; and
- Consider how your work fits into the current context.
7. Avoid duplication & mobilize around common issues. The Partners & Projects area of the NKE features projects, networks, councils and working groups around Niagara that are dedicated to accelerating positive change and collective impact in our community. Utilize this part of the NKE to link to others, to:
- Partner on common projects
- Mobilize around common issues
- Share resources
- Explore collaborative opportunities
- Replicate successes
- Avoid duplicating what is already being done
8. Write a community blog, or suggest a topic. The Community Blog area of the NKE prompts discussion around new ideas, hot topics, best practice and upcoming opportunities to connect Niagara-wide.
9. Become a subscriber or sponsor. Everyone can access all of the information on the NKE free of charge. Subscribers and Sponsors choose to invest in Niagara Connects because the knowledge tools we produce on behalf of the Niagara-wide community fast-track community engagement, access to relevant, reliable Niagara-focused planning information, and knowledge transfer/mobilization for a stronger future for Niagara. If you are interested in Subscription or Sponsorship, contact us at email@example.com
10. Enjoy! Dozens of volunteers have constructed, beta-tested and supported emergence of the NKE. It’s a beautiful tool, built by the Niagara-wide community. Take the time to discover how best to leverage the NKE, to strengthen the work that you do.